INTERACTIVE MAP SHOWING RIVERS & LAKES OF ANEKAL TALUK – A PROTOTYPE
The interactive map below is a prototype – a elementary working model showing Anekal Taluk’s waterbodies ( in Bengaluru Urban District). As we build know-how on the technical aspects (and, of course, financial) of putting out such maps, we intend to expand and cover all the waterbodies of the Bengaluru Urban district, including BBMP.
Send feedback on the prototype to connect@Paani.Earth
About the map:
The map automatically loads with the following:
- Anekal Taluk Boundary (Represented as a red dotted line)
- All lakes of Anekal > 3 acres (Represented as dark green polygons)
- Arkavathi & Dakshina Pinakini River’s complete catchment drainage. This complete drainage gives context to the streams and rivers of Anekal. (Represented as dark green lines of different widths)
Current Map features:
- The map shows the name and survey numbers of the lake by hovering the mouse over the dark green lake polygons.
- Users can check & uncheck different layers, allowing the user to identify lake custodians – Minor Irrigation, Zilla Panchayat & Bruhat Bengaluru Mahanagara Palike (BBMP).
NOTE: Use desktop/laptop to view the map with proper functionality. The map may not render properly on the phone.